The Julian Jaynes Collection
A must read for anyone seriously interested in Jaynes’s theory. The Julian Jaynes Collection includes:
• Discussion of the life of Julian Jaynes.
• All of Jaynes’s relevant articles and lectures for the first time gathered together in one volume.
• Previously unpublished lectures by Julian Jaynes, including “The Dream of Agamemnon,” which extends his theory to dreams and the discovery of time, and “Imagination and the Dance of the Self,” discussing the nature of the self, emotions, and the consequences of consciousness.
• Rare and previously unpublished radio and in-person interviews and in-depth question and answer sessions with Julian Jaynes discussing many aspects of his theory, including: the nature of consciousness, dreams, consciousness in children, cognition in animals, the discovery of time, the nature of the self, the mentality of tribes, emotions, art, music, poetry, prophecy, mental illness, therapy, the consequences and future of consciousness, brain hemisphere differences, vestiges of the bicameral mind, and much more. In these interviews and discussions, Jaynes addresses nearly every question one might have about his theory.
• A 22 page Introduction by Marcel Kuijsten discussing Jaynes’s influence and the latest new evidence for his theory.
• Expanded to include a new, never-before-seen 30-page radio interview
with Julian Jaynes
The Julian Jaynes Collection (pdf file)